our pad

our pad

Friday, February 10, 2012

Cute and Clever Valentine's Cards


We've been busy crafting for the big day, trying to come up with some clever and unique Valentine's for classmates, family and friends. Luckily the girls preschool class is small, but of course they had to each make their own and I had to address double the cards! The boys have had a little more free rein, but Cam still needs a little supervision, making sure every one gets addressed properly.
Cute as a Button
These were easy enough to make. I had the girls glue on all the buttons onto a styrofoam heart, then I attached the ribbon at the top.
You're Sweet

The twins had fun with stickers and doilies then we glued on the dot candies cut in a heart shape, a few conversation hearts, and finally stuck a lollipop through the doily and finished it off with a bow.
You're a Hoot & Owl Be Your Valentine

Cameron and I transformed paper lunch bags into these adorable owls. We rounded out the owls head by cutting off the corners, and used these for the ears. We added googly eyes, a triangle nose, some arms, and a heart.
You're Just "Write" Valentine
We punched holes around the perimeter of the heart then wove some ribbon around the edge, to deck out these Valentines. Also using the hole punch, we attached a Valentine pencil. A perfect gift approved by parents and teachers alike.

2 comments:

  1. WOMAN dang so this is the crafting gene I am missing. I can decorate a house like a Mofo but when it comes to arts and crafts I am a no go. I do have the credit card gene though that;s kinda like crafting right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so adorable! Why didn't I think of giving out Valentine's stuff to my daughter's classmates? Shame on me... It's because I don't have your talent, that's why :)

    ReplyDelete