our pad

our pad

Monday, May 18, 2009

Date Night

Saturday Jim and I got out for a long overdue date night. These have been few and far between since we brought the girls home, so it was so refreshing to get out for a great meal, a little wine and some nice adult conversation. We put the girls to bed, ordered a pizza for the boys and left all four kids in the capable hands of Uncle Bobby. Since it was his first time with all four, we decided to stay local. We struck out at the first restaurant (reservations only) but ended up at Isabella's where we soon realized that uninterrupted adult conversation always turns back to talking about the kids! Growing up, Saturday night was date night in my house. My parents would go out for dinner every Saturday, often leaving my older siblings to babysit my brother and me. I never liked being left behind and my older brother and sister were often resentful that they had to stay in and watch us, but lucky for them there was the Love Boat to watch on TV! As I got older, however, my highschool friends and I looked forward to my parents heading in town for their dates and as I became a parent, I realized the importance of these nights out in a relationship and hope to also make Saturday night date night a tradition in our house!

3 comments:

  1. definitely important! billy and i do them every now and again but once a week would be so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome would weekly date night be?! Simon and I have been doing babysitting swaps with other MOTs in our area. It works out great...it's free and I know they can handle anything that comes up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've done WAY too few since Liam came along. I'm thinking maybe 4 in the 17 months he's been here? You're inspiring me - I'm calling the babysitter! XOXO

    ReplyDelete