our pad

our pad

Friday, March 11, 2011

Show Us your Life- Kids Birthday Parties







Playing along with Kelly's Korner and Show Us Your Life; Kids Birthday Parties! I love throwing parties so thought I had to play along with this one! The girls Birthday is in October just a few days before Halloween, so this year for their second birthday I decided to do a costume party. All the girls friends came in their Halloween best! I made a not-so scary haunted house in the playroom, with lots of pumpkins and blinking orange lights, and even a scarecrow riding around on their choo- choo train. In the backyard I piled bails of hay for the kids to climb on, and had a mini John Deer tractor set up with gourds and pumpkins. In two small lawn chairs I made custom "Avery and Ella Scarecrows" wearing their monogrammed shirts, jeans, cute little pumpkin heads and their birthday tiaras. I also transformed our swing set into a haunted house, hid hundreds of spider rings scattered throughout the backyard for the kids to find, and made several cardboard cutouts in the shapes of ghosts, bats and pumpkins. I made some yummy "treats" to go along with the theme, including a cake decorated with a haunted house and pumpkin and spider cupcakes. For goody bags I made orange playdoh and packaged it with a Halloween cookie cutter! It was so much fun seeing all the kids dressed up and everyone really got into the "spirit" of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment